Now in its eighteenth year, this outdoor canopy market is situated in the very pretty Hollies Gardens next to the High Street and in front of Sainsbury’s. It takes place on the first Saturday of each month.
The market has a very good selection of local producers including two cheese makers ,specialist organic beef , pork and goat meat stalls, fresh fish,organic sourdough bread, handmade pies, a huge selection of breads, apple juices & ciders, cakes, plants,honey, sweet treats and preserves. We are also pleased to work alongside Root Connections who provide locally grown vegetables & salad grown just outside the town supporting Mendips homeless.
With support from Midsomer Norton Town Council, the atmosphere is enhanced by local musicians and celebratory events. An extremely friendly market.
A coffee stall ,seated areas and live music make the market a destination for shopping and socialising each month!
Location: Hollies Gardens in the High Street, BA3 2DP
Find out what going on in Midsomer Norton by following the : midsomernorton.nub.news
Dates for 2020
December 5th Christmas market
Dates for 2021
|January –no market||February 6th|
|March 6th||April 3rd|
|May 1st||June 5th|
|July 3rd||August 7th|
|September 4th||October 2nd|
|November 6th||December 4th|
Parking/transport: there is a large free car park close by in South Road or two hours free parking is available at Sainsbury’s. The market is near to the main bus stop in town.
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Blueridge Farm Scotch Eggs Scotch eggs using own free range eggs & free range pork.
- Bradley’s Juice Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Catacolours Savoury vegetarian & vegan dishes & salads with a Chilean twist.
- Frome Eggs Eggs laid by hens free to roam the range!
- Nempnett Cider & Piglets Choice Perry Traditionally made award winning ciders & perry.
- Pistrina Sourdough Bakery Organic sourdough bakery
- Plants and Gardens Shrubs, herbaceous perennials, vegetable plants and some bedding plants.
- Rooms The Confectioners Handmade Victorian themed confectionary
- Root Connections Community Garden Vegetables,fruit,flowers & chutneys
- Seafoods Award winning family run fishmongers
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Ted’s Plants Vegetable plants and annual bedding plants
- The Pudding Kitchen A range of puddings, cheesecakes and desserts.
- The Story Pig Free range Tamworth Pork
- Wainwrights Bee Farm We sell 6 varieties of honey from our hives in Wiltshire, plus candles made with our own Wiltshire wax.
- Wookey Farm – Goats Meat and Cheeses Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses