Held on the third Saturday of each month in this traditional market town, the market has recently moved to a new home outside the Henhayes Centre. The centre is open during the market for you to pop in and have a cup of tea and there are also toilets onsite. The centre is a community run project and always looking for volunteers.
With a comprehensive selection of around 16 stalls, this market was one of the first to be set up in the year 2000 and is a popular addition to the busy shopping town. The town has a great range of pubs and cafes and an individual street scene.
Location: outside the Henhayes Centre, South Street Car Park TA18 8DA
Dates for 2020:
|18th January||15th February|
|21st March||18th April|
|16th May||20th June|
|18th July||15th August|
|19th September||17th October|
|Christmas Market 19th December|
Dates for 2021:
|16th January||20th February|
|20th March||17th April|
|15th May||19th June|
|17th July||21st August|
|18th September||16th October|
|Christmas Market 18th December|
Parking/transport: there is a large car park close by.
South West Buses run irregular services from Chard and Yeovil, see their website for more details and timetables
- Ali’s Homemade Produce Ali’s Homemade Produce is all about using fresh, local ingredients to make preserves, chutneys, pickles, marmalades, sweet & savoury pastries, cakes & related products.
- Bower Hinton Farm A wide range of home grown vegetables and strawberries in season
- Islebeck Plants Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- Melissa’s Preserves Award winning preserves
- North Perrot Fruit Farm Apples and apple and pear juice in season. Shortlisted as best drinks producer in the 2010 ‘Taste of Somerset’ Awards’.
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.