The market is held on the first Saturday of every month in the 400 year old market square in the centre of this ancient town. Starting with a few tentative trial markets in 2001, the market became a monthly fixture of the town in October 2002 and is still as popular as ever!
Axbridge provides an ideal setting for an outdoor canopy market and offers a great selection of about 25 stalls. The picturesque square has excellent hotels and cafes, King John’s Hunting Lodge Museum and can provide a base for exploring nearby Cheddar or the Mendip Hills. The market has been shortlisted for Taste of the West’s Best Farmer’s Market category two years in a row.
To find out whats happening in the Cheddar & Axbridge area visit the : Cheddar.nub.news
Location: in Axbridge Town Square, BS26 2AP
Dates for 2020:
|1st February||7th March|
|4th April||2nd May|
|6th June||4th July|
|1st August||5th September|
|3rd October||7th November|
|Christmas Market Sunday 20th December 10am – 1.30pm|
Dates for 2021:
|6th February||6th March|
|3rd April||1st May|
|5th June||3rd July|
|7th August||4th September|
|2nd October||6th November|
|Christmas Market Sunday 19th December 10am – 1.30pm|
Parking/transport: Axbridge Town Car Park on Old Church Road and a smaller car park on Moorland road are a short walk from the market. There is also on-street parking on Houlgate Way – please be considerate of driveways etc. Please do not try and park in the Market Square, there is almost never a space on market day. The 126 bus service to/from Wells and Weston-super-Mare stops in the Square.
- Barley Wood Kitchen Garden Organic Fruit and vegetables from a beautiful Victorian walled garden near Wrington.
- Bath Soft Cheese Park Farm in Kelston is home to an array of award-winning organic cheeses, including the famous Bath Soft Cheese and Wyfe of Bath Cheese.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- In Clover We offer perennials, shrubs and bulbs alongside hand crafted willow structures.
- Islebeck Plants Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- Leafy Greens Micro Farm Nutricious micro veg
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Nutts Scotch Eggs Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Orchard Farm Preserves Traditional preserves made from home grown fruit and vegetables
- Real Pork Saddleback/Large White cross pigs; home reared and produced pork
- Seafoods Award winning family run fishmongers
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and cured meats. Made using traditional artisan methods, Somerset ingredients and west country flavours.
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Taylors of Bruton Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- Wesley Cottage Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- White’s of Wick Fourth generation farmers Dan and Vikki White produce and finish Aberdeen Angus Beef, producing prime meat to the highest assurance standard with full traceability. Meat from the Aberdeen Angus breed is renowned for it’s eating quality and distinctive flavour, their meet is hung for at least three weeks to ensure maximum tenderness and full flavour. firstname.lastname@example.org 07974925575
Plus a Fair Trade stall and a Community stall overseen by Axbridge Town Council