Now in its eleventh year, this outdoor canopy market is situated in the very pretty Hollies Gardens next to the High Street and in front of Sainsbury’s. It takes place on the first Saturday of each month.
The market has a very good selection of local producers including two cheese makers, organic vegetables, meat, game, fresh fish, baked goods and preserves. With support from Midsomer Norton Town Council, the atmosphere is enhanced by local musicians and celebratory events. A small and very friendly market.
The market was joined in mid-2015 by a craft market made up of local crafts people which runs every month, for more information about the craft market, contact the Midsomer Norton Community Trust on 01761 419133. The Midsomer Norton Community Cafe provides fair trade hot drinks to perk you up in the mornings.
Location: Hollies Gardens in the High Street, BA3 2DP
Dates for 2017:
|6th May||3rd June|
|1st July||5th August|
|2nd September||7th October|
|4th November||2nd December|
Parking/transport: there is a large free car park close by in South Road or two hours free parking is available at Sainsbury’s. The market is near to the main bus stop in town.
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Bradley’s Juice Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Langsfords Preserves Preserves made from locally grown produce using heritage recipes as well as more contemporary ones.
- Mendip Apiary I offer a range of honey and wax products from my own bees
- Plants and Gardens Shrubs, herbaceous perennials, vegetable plants and some bedding plants.
- Seafoods Award winning family run fishmongers
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Pudding Kitchen A range of puddings, cheesecakes and desserts.
- Wookey Farm Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses