The market is held on the first Saturday of every month in the 400 year old market square in the centre of this ancient town. It is now in its twelfth year.
Axbridge provides an ideal setting for an outdoor canopy market and offers a great selection of about 25 stalls. This year the market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014. The picturesque square has excellent hotels and cafes, King John’s Hunting Lodge Museum and can provide a base for exploring nearby Cheddar or the Mendip Hills.
Location: in Axbridge Town Square, BS26 2AP
Dates for 2014:
|4th January||1st February|
|1st March||5th April|
|3rd May||7th June|
|5th July||2nd August|
|6th September||4th October|
|1st November||6th December|
Additional Christmas market on Sunday 21st December, 10am-1.30pm
Parking/transport: there is adequate space close to the market, and extra space is usually made available on the day of the market. The 126 bus service to/from Wells and Weston-super-Mare stops in the Square.
- 12seasons We produce jams, jellies, pickles and chutneys using home grown and local/organic ingredients
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Bradley’s Juice Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison and game pies year round.
- Gruffs Goats We are a Somerset based farm rearing and selling goat.
- Jan Bakes Homemade cakes using free range local eggs and butter.
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot, smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Moorland Farm Natural beef from Moorland Farm in Axbridge, Somerset
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Raindrop Flowers Florist and grower of seasonal cut flowers
- Real Pork Saddleback/Large White cross pigs; home reared and produced pork
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and other cured meats using traditional methods but with a west country twist
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Ducks All cuts of fresh duck plus oak smoked and duck pies and pasties. And also smoked chicken.
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Little Nursery Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- The Parsnipship We sell a wide range of homemade vegetarian savouries using local produce wherever possible.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.
- Wraxall Vineyard Local award winning vineyard
- Plus a Fair Trade stall, a Community stall and a Food Bank collection point