The market is held on the first Saturday of every month in the 400 year old market square in the centre of this ancient town. It is now in its thirteenth year.
Axbridge provides an ideal setting for an outdoor canopy market and offers a great selection of about 25 stalls. In 2014, the market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards. The picturesque square has excellent hotels and cafes, King John’s Hunting Lodge Museum and can provide a base for exploring nearby Cheddar or the Mendip Hills.
Location: in Axbridge Town Square, BS26 2AP
Dates for 2015:
|No market in January||7th February|
|7th March||4th April|
|2nd May||6th June|
|4th July||1st August|
|5th September||3rd October|
|7th November||5th December|
Additional Christmas market on Sunday 20th December, 10am-1.30pm
Parking/transport: there is adequate space close to the market, and extra space is usually made available on the day of the market. The 126 bus service to/from Wells and Weston-super-Mare stops in the Square.
- A-Lot-A-Choc A range of hand made, artisan chocolates, made from ethically sourced cacao.
- Beamsclose Dorsets Local traditionally reared lamb and hot lamb rolls cooked freshly at the market.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bradley’s Juice Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Moorland Farm Natural beef from Moorland Farm in Axbridge, Somerset
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Real Pork Saddleback/Large White cross pigs; home reared and produced pork
- Shoots and Greens I like my produce to be fresh and clean, great tasting and big on flavour.
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and other cured meats using traditional methods but with a west country twist
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Stefano’s Homemade Food A taste of Italy using local ingredients
- Sugar and Spice Preserves Home grown, hand made, fresh produce … delicious preserves
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Little Nursery Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- The Parsnipship We sell a wide range of homemade vegetarian savouries using local produce wherever possible.
- Wesley Cottage Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.
Plus a Fair Trade stall and a Community stall overseen by Axbridge Town Council