The market is held on the first Saturday of every month in the 400 year old market square in the centre of this ancient town. It is now in its fourteenth year.
Axbridge provides an ideal setting for an outdoor canopy market and offers a great selection of about 25 stalls. The picturesque square has excellent hotels and cafes, King John’s Hunting Lodge Museum and can provide a base for exploring nearby Cheddar or the Mendip Hills.
Location: in Axbridge Town Square, BS26 2AP
Dates for 2016 / 2017:
|3rd September||1st October|
|5th November||3rd December|
|Sunday 18th December 10am-1.30pm|
|No market in January 2017||4th February 2017|
|4th March 2017||1st April 2017|
|6th May 2017||3rd June 2017|
Parking/transport: Axbridge Town Car Park on Old Church Road and a smaller car park on Moorland road are a short walk from the market. There is also on-street parking on Houlgate Way – please be considerate of driveways etc. Please do not try and park in the Market Square, there is almost never a space on market day. The 126 bus service to/from Wells and Weston-super-Mare stops in the Square.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Berrow Beef Family farm producing beef and lamb on the Somerset Levels.
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Blackrock Kitchen Traditional french patisserie with a Somerset twist
- Bradley’s Juice Apple juices and other fruit drinks, from our own orchard.
- Ebdon Firewood Local suppliers of firewood
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- Islebeck Plants Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Nutts For… Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Raindrop Flowers Florist and grower of seasonal cut flowers
- Real Pork Saddleback/Large White cross pigs; home reared and produced pork
- Seafoods Award winning family run fishmongers
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and cured meats. Made using traditional artisan methods, Somerset ingredients and west country flavours.
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Stefano’s Homemade Food A taste of Italy using local ingredients,
- Sugar and Spice Preserves Home grown, hand made, fresh produce … delicious preserves
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Parsnipship We sell a wide range of homemade vegetarian savouries using local produce wherever possible.
- Wesley Cottage Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.
Plus a Fair Trade stall and a Community stall overseen by Axbridge Town Council