Frome Farmers’ Market is a well established and popular market, and is located in the beautiful renovated Cheese & Grain Market Hall. The market is held on the second Saturday of each month.
There is a huge variety of stalls with outstanding local produce and a friendly cafe on site for refreshments. This year the market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014.
Location: in the Cheese & Grain Market Hall, BA11 1BE close to the town centre. Follow the signs for the car park.
Dates for 2014:
|11th January||8th February|
|8th March||12th April|
|10th May||14th June|
|12th July||9th August|
|13th September||11th October|
|8th November||13th December|
Additional Christmas market on Tuesday 23rd December
Parking/transport: there is a Pay and Display car park right next to the market
- Absolutely Preserves Exquisite preserves handmade in small batches in a tiny kitchen in Frome, Somerset.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Dorset Shellfish Fresh from our boats in Weymouth
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison and game pies year round.
- Honey Pot Farm Seasonal producers of cider, apple juice, vinegar, honey, cordials and sauces.
- Kimbers Traditional Meats A huge selection of home produced beef, welfare friendly veal, pork, poultry and milk
- Loganberry Natural handcrafted skin care; soaps, creams, body butters and serums
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot, smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Moonacre Farm A growing range of biodynamically grown salads, vegetables, herbs and flowers plus free range eggs and our own salamis and cured meats.
- Olives ‘n’ Stuff Mediterranean olives with a local twist.
- Pennard Organic Wines and Cider Certified organic wines made from own fruits by hand.
- Premier Pastries A wide selection of savoury and sweet pies.
- Pure Pigs Traditional breed pork and Boer goat meat and free range poultry
- Rosies Cakes, baked goods and a range of preserves
- Silverthorne Farm Beautiful fresh free range eggs, sent off farm within 48 hours of lay.
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Farm Traditional Breeds Somerset Farm Traditional Breeds is owned and run by Faye Litherland of Hornblotton Farm. She specialises in producing the finest quality native and rare breed produce from pedigree animals.
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Somerset Lavender Somerset Lavender is a small family farm based in Faulkland, growing English lavender to produce lavender essential oil and dried lavender flowers.
- Stretties Cakes Locally sourced and made range of gluten free and traditional cakes and pastries.
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- Terre Del Checco Producers of pure, organic olive oil
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Hill Bakery Artisan bakery specialising in sourdough loaves made with organic flour.
- The Mead Nursery Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- V.P. Collins A huge variety of vegetables all year round.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- White Lake Cheese A wide range of goats cheese using milk from our own herd.
- Wiltshire Smokehouse All kinds of smoked meats and fish
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.