Frome Farmers’ Market is a well established and popular market, and is located in the beautifully renovated Cheese & Grain Market Hall. The market is held on the second Saturday of each month.
There is a huge variety of stalls with outstanding local produce and a friendly cafe on site for refreshments. The market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014.
Location: in the Cheese & Grain Market Hall, BA11 1BE close to the town centre. Follow the signs for the car park.
Dates for 2016:
|12th March||9th April|
|14th May||11th June|
|9th July||13th August|
|10th September||8th October|
|12th November||10th December|
Special Christmas Market: Wednesday 21st December 2016 5.00pm – 7.30pm
Parking/transport: there is a Pay and Display car park right next to the market
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bramble Cottage Bakery We make classic cakes, sweet baked products, speciality and seasonal cakes
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Dusty Ape Coffee Hand roasted coffee excellence
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- Hembridge Organics We offer a range of organic jams, chutneys and relishes.
- Honey Pot Farm Seasonal producers of cider, apple juice, vinegar, honey, cordials and sauces.
- Kimbers Traditional Meats A huge selection of home produced beef, welfare friendly veal, pork, poultry and milk
- Lisa’s Country Kitchen Homemade traditional cordials, with no additives or preservatives
- Loganberry Natural handcrafted skin care; soaps, creams, body butters and serums
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Nutts For… Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Olives ‘n’ Stuff Mediterranean olives with a local twist.
- Pure Pigs Traditional breed pork and Boer goat meat and free range poultry
- Rosies Cakes, baked goods and a range of preserves
- Silverthorne Farm Beautiful fresh free range eggs, sent off farm within 48 hours of lay.
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and other cured meats using traditional methods but with a west country twist
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Somerset Lavender Somerset Lavender is a small family farm based in Faulkland, growing English lavender to produce lavender essential oil and dried lavender flowers.
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Hill Bakery Artisan bakery specialising in sourdough loaves made with organic flour.
- The Mead Nursery Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- V.P. Collins A huge variety of vegetables all year round.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.