Frome Farmers’ Market is a well established and popular market, and is located in the beautiful renovated Cheese & Grain Market Hall. The market is held on the second Saturday of each month.
There is a huge variety of stalls with outstanding local produce and a friendly cafe on site for refreshments. The market won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards 2014.
Location: in the Cheese & Grain Market Hall, BA11 1BE close to the town centre. Follow the signs for the car park.
Dates for 2015:
|10th January||14th February|
|14th March||11th April|
|9th May||13th June|
|11th July||8th August|
|12th September||10th October|
|14th November||12th December|
Additional Christmas market on Wednesday 23rd December, 5pm-7.30pm
Parking/transport: there is a Pay and Display car park right next to the market
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Dorset Shellfish Fresh from our boats in Weymouth
- Dusty Ape Coffee Hand roasted coffee excellence
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- Honey Pot Farm Seasonal producers of cider, apple juice, vinegar, honey, cordials and sauces.
- Kimbers Traditional Meats A huge selection of home produced beef, welfare friendly veal, pork, poultry and milk
- Lisa’s Country Kitchen Homemade traditional cordials, with no additives or preservatives
- Little Jack Horners Handmade, flaky, proper sausage rolls
- Loganberry Natural handcrafted skin care; soaps, creams, body butters and serums
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Olives ‘n’ Stuff Mediterranean olives with a local twist.
- Premier Pastries A wide selection of savoury and sweet pies.
- Pure Pigs Traditional breed pork and Boer goat meat and free range poultry
- Rosies Cakes, baked goods and a range of preserves
- Silverthorne Farm Beautiful fresh free range eggs, sent off farm within 48 hours of lay.
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Farm Traditional Breeds Somerset Farm Traditional Breeds is owned and run by Faye Litherland of Hornblotton Farm. She specialises in producing the finest quality native and rare breed produce from pedigree animals.
- Somerset Garlic & Countryware A combination of garlic grown in Somerset and a range of stoneware pottery
- Somerset Lavender Somerset Lavender is a small family farm based in Faulkland, growing English lavender to produce lavender essential oil and dried lavender flowers.
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- Terre Del Checco Producers of pure, organic olive oil
- The Good Life Pork Company Top quality and high welfare Oxford and Sandy Black traditional breed pork
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Hill Bakery Artisan bakery specialising in sourdough loaves made with organic flour.
- The Mead Nursery Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- V.P. Collins A huge variety of vegetables all year round.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- White Lake Cheese A wide range of goats cheese using milk from our own herd.
- Wiltshire Smokehouse All kinds of smoked meats and fish
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.