Frome Farmers’ Market is a well established and popular market, and is located in the beautifully renovated Cheese & Grain Market Hall. The market is held on the second Saturday of each month.
There is a huge variety of stalls with outstanding local produce and a friendly cafe on site for refreshments. The market is currently running a Produce Rollover – to enter on market day see Lisa at Lisa’s Country Kitchen
Location: in the Cheese & Grain Market Hall, BA11 1BE close to the town centre. Follow the signs for the car park.
Dates for 2017:
|14th January 2017||11th February 2017|
|11th March||8th April|
|13th May||10th June|
|8th July||12th August|
|9th September||14th October|
|11th November 2017||9th December 2017|
|Special Christmas Market: Wednesday 20th December 2017 5.00pm – 7.30pm|
Parking/transport: there is a Pay and Display car park right next to the market
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- Honey Pot Farm Seasonal producers of cider, apple juice, vinegar, honey, cordials and sauces.
- Kimbers Traditional Meats A huge selection of home produced beef, welfare friendly veal, pork, poultry and milk
- Lisa’s Country Kitchen Homemade traditional cordials, with no additives or preservatives
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Olives ‘n’ Stuff Mediterranean olives with a local twist.
- Rosies Cakes, baked goods and a range of preserves
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Somerset Lavender Somerset Lavender is a small family farm based in Faulkland, growing English lavender to produce lavender essential oil and dried lavender flowers.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Hill Bakery Artisan bakery specialising in sourdough loaves made with organic flour.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Mead Nursery Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- V.P. Collins A huge variety of vegetables all year round.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Westcountry Crayfish Freshly caught invasive Signal Crayfish from Somerset waters
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.