Held on the third Saturday of each month in this traditional market town, the market has recently moved to a new home outside the Henhayes Centre. The centre is open during the market for you to pop in and have a cup of tea and there are also toilets onsite. The centre is a community run project and always looking for volunteers.
With a comprehensive selection of around 16 stalls, this market was one of the first to be set up in the year 2000 and is a popular addition to the busy shopping town. The town has a great range of pubs and cafes and an individual street scene.
Location: outside the Henhayes Centre, South Street Car Park TA18 8DA
Dates for 2017:
|15th April 2017|
|20th May 2017||17th June 2017|
|15th July 2017||19th August 2017|
|16th September 217||21st October 2017|
|18th November 2017||16th December 2017|
Parking/transport: there is a large car park close by.
South West Buses run irregular services from Chard and Yeovil, see their website for more details and timetables
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bower Hinton Farm Shop A wide range of home grown vegetables and strawberries in season
- Dorset Shellfish Fresh from our boats in Weymouth
- Eggardon Rare Breeds Sausages, burgers and more, made from naturally reared rare breed sheep and pigs
- Islebeck Plants Home grown perennial, annual, vegetable and herb plants
- North Perrot Fruit Farm Apples and apple and pear juice in season. Shortlisted as best drinks producer in the 2010 ‘Taste of Somerset’ Awards’.
- Old Castle Farm Pork Pork products from traditional British Saddleback and Berkshire pigs
- Raindrop Flowers Florist and grower of seasonal cut flowers
- Somerset Cheese Company Award winning specialist cheese makers
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Barley Sugar Bakehouse Speciality cakes and desserts with high quality ingredients.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.