Burnham-on-Sea Farmers’ Market is a very lively and friendly event held on the last Friday of the month right in the centre of this lovely seaside town.
As well as the Farmers’ Market there is a useful selection of local shops to browse, furthermore a wide range of activities and events take place in the town, many of which are publicised on the local website burnham-on-sea.com.
Once a small fishing village, in the late 18th century due to its popularity, Burnham-on-Sea blossomed into a large seaside reside. The town also boasts the smallest pier in Britain and three vintage lighthouses one of which is still in operation. The outstanding twice-yearly food and drink festival has reinforced Burnham’s reputation as a place to visit for excellent local food.
Location: in the High Street, TA8 1PB
Dates for 2020:
|31st January||28th February|
|27th March||24th April|
|29th May||26th June|
|31st July||28th August|
|25th September||30th October|
|Christmas Market 18th December|
Dates for 2021:
|29th January||26th February|
|26th March||30th April|
|28th May||25th June|
|30th July||27th August|
|24th September||29th October|
|Christmas Market 17th December|
Times: 9am -1pm
Parking/transport: there are Pay and Display car parks very close to the market in Oxford Street and Pier Street. Free on-street parking is available throughout the town and on the seafront at certain times of day.
Staying in Burnham-on-Sea: If you are making a longer trip or a weekend of it the Burnham-on-Sea website can start you off with suggestions for places to stay.
- Bath Soft Cheese Park Farm in Kelston is home to an array of award-winning organic cheeses, including the famous Bath Soft Cheese and Wyfe of Bath Cheese.
- In Clover We offer perennials, shrubs and bulbs alongside hand crafted willow structures.
- Leafy Greens Micro Farm Nutricious micro veg
- Mike’s Pork Free-range pork from the Somerset Levels
- Oven to You A pastry chef making a range of sweet tarts.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- Wesley Cottage Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper