Burnham-on-Sea Farmers’ Market is a very lively and friendly event held on the last Friday of the month right in the centre of this lovely seaside town.
As well as the Farmers’ Market there is a useful selection of local shops to browse, furthermore a wide range of activities and events take place in the town, many of which are publicised on the local website burnham-on-sea.com.
Once a small fishing village, in the late 18th century due to its popularity, Burnham-on-Sea blossomed into a large seaside reside. The town also boasts the smallest pier in Britain and three vintage lighthouses one of which is still in operation. The outstanding twice-yearly food and drink festival has reinforced Burnham’s reputation as a place to visit for excellent local food.
Location: in the High Street, TA8 1PB
Dates for 2020:
|31st January||28th February|
|27th March||24th April|
|29th May||26th June|
|31st July||28th August|
|25th September||30th October|
|Christmas Market 18th December|
Times: 9am -1pm
Parking/transport: there are Pay and Display car parks very close to the market in Oxford Street and Pier Street. Free on-street parking is available throughout the town and on the seafront at certain times of day.
Staying in Burnham-on-Sea: If you are making a longer trip or a weekend of it the Burnham-on-Sea website can start you off with suggestions for places to stay.
- Goats of the Gorge Goats milk skin care products
- In Clover We offer perennials, shrubs and bulbs alongside hand crafted willow structures.
- Mike’s Pork Free-range pork from the Somerset Levels
- Nutts Scotch Eggs Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Orchard Farm Preserves Traditional preserves made from home grown fruit and vegetables
- Oven to You A pastry chef making a range of sweet tarts.
- Pretty Little Bakes Homemade cupcakes, cake slices, traybakes, biscuits and scones.
- Taylors of Bruton Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- Times Past Cheese Dairy A wide variety of cheddars and flavoured cheeses.
- Wesley Cottage Bees Local honey and honey products – direct from the beekeeper