We welcome food producers of all kinds at our markets.
If you grow it or make it using local ingredients, we may have a place for you. We welcome both conventional and organic production methods. Whoever staffs your stall must be involved in the business and be able to talk with knowledge about the products they are selling. Unfortunately, due to space restrictions, we cannot accommodate trailers or catering vans at any of our markets.
If you’re interested, please have a read through our application pack. It includes:
- an introductory letter
- the criteria for selling at our markets
- the market regulations
- Guidance for starting a new Food Business
- an application form – download, complete and post or apply online
Get in touch with our Market Coordinator (tel: 01934 837285) if you’d like to discuss your product and the markets in which you’re interested.
We’ve also included here:
- some basic tips from SFM members
- suggestions from a producer workshop
- information sheets for each of the markets
- risk assessments for each of the markets
If you are offered a place at one of our markets, you should find the information sheets and risk assessments useful. New traders might find the two ‘tips’ sheets helpful.
All of our markets, except Wells and SFM @ The Frome Independent have the space for 1 local community stall and 1 charity stand per month. If you would like to talk to us about taking one of these pitches, please give the office a ring on 01934 837285.