A long established and popular weekly farmers’ market of 16 food stalls which offer a huge variety. In 2014 Wells Farmers’ Market not only won a Gold Award in the Taste of the West Hospitality & Retail Awards, but was also judged ‘Best South West Farmers’ Market’.
The farmers’ market adjoins the excellent general market. Wells itself is the smallest cathedral city in England and has many wonderful historic areas, cafes, shops and restaurants to explore.
Location: the Market Place (in front of the Town Hall), BA5 2RB (look for the green and white striped canopies)
Dates for 2017: the market takes place every Wednesday all year. There will be no market on Wednesday 27th December
Times: 9am-2.30pm (3pm in July and August)
Parking/transport: South Street car park is closest, but often full. Other car parks may also cost less.
- Bath Soft Cheese Park Farm in Kelston is home to an array of award-winning organic cheeses, including the famous Bath Soft Cheese and Wyfe of Bath Cheese.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Blackrock Kitchen Traditional french patisserie with a Somerset twist
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- Gould’s Cheddar Award winning, traditional, handmade cheddar cheese and butter.
- Hullabaloos Homemade lemonade in traditional flavours
- Lisa’s Country Kitchen Homemade traditional cordials, with no additives or preservatives
- Mendip Lavender We create wonderful lavender products from our fields high up on the Mendips.
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Simply Cooking Traditional hand-made cakes and savouries including a range of ready meals.
- Somerset Charcuterie Salami, chorizo and cured meats. Made using traditional artisan methods, Somerset ingredients and west country flavours.
- Sugar and Spice Preserves Home grown, hand made, fresh produce … delicious preserves
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Barley Sugar Bakehouse Speciality cakes and desserts with high quality ingredients.
- Tor Cider and Fenney Castle Vineyard Craft cider and wine producer
- Westcountry Crayfish Freshly caught invasive Signal Crayfish from Somerset waters
- Wookey Farm Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses
- Wootton Organic Dairy Award winning sheep and cows cheese and yoghurts.