… more than a market! On the first Sunday of the month from March to December, the town centre of Frome is closed to traffic and is transformed into a huge celebratory market event.
More like a monthly festival, there is a buzz in the air with music, street theatre, hands on activities and tasty street food. The event is divided into different sections including a flea market, new designers, crafts and vintage. Somerset Farmers’ Markets organises the centrally located 24 pitch ‘farmers’ market’ section around the Market Cross – just look out for the green and white striped canopies. A complete farmers’ market experience but with a few hot food options for all day grazing.
Location: around the Boyle Cross in the Market Place, BA11 1BW
Find out what going on in Frome: frome.nub.news
Dates for 2020
|1st March||5th April|
|3rd May||7th June|
|5th July||2nd August|
|6th September||4th October|
|1st November||6th December|
Parking and transport: there is free car parking in the town centre on market days, and the 267 bus from Bath sets down and picks up in Cork St car park.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Besley’s Fruit One of the few remaining Cheddar strawberry growers
- Catacolours Savoury vegetarian & vegan dishes & salads with a Chilean twist.
- Ellises Farm Free range rare breed pork, sausage and bacon plus air dried hams, salami and chorizo
- Feltham Farm Cheeses Renegade Monk a ripe Camembert type cheese.
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- Gould’s Cheddar Award winning, traditional, handmade cheddar cheese and butter.
- Henny & Joe’s Caffeine free chai syrup made with 100% natural ingredients; winner of ‘Taste of the West’ best hot drink 2014.
- Herby4 We are a small family business producing potted culinary herbs and apple juices and tofu.
- Hullabaloos Homemade lemonade in traditional flavours
- In Clover We offer perennials, shrubs and bulbs alongside hand crafted willow structures.
- Marshwood Vale Cider “The Juice, the whole Juice, and nothing but the Juice”
- Mere Fish Farm Fresh trout reared in spring water, also hot and cold smoked, roulades and terrines.
- Nutts Scotch Eggs Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Oven to You A pastry chef making a range of sweet tarts.
- Root Connections Community Garden Vegetables,fruit,flowers & chutneys
- Sagebury Fine Foods Producers of homemade quality savouries
- South Sun Biltong Traditional South African recipe using Somerset Beef!
- Taylors of Bruton Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The H’eggs Company Fresh pasta with local organic ingredients.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- The Incredible Brewing Co. Creators of fine craft beers
- Timmy’s Chillies Marmalades and Jellies
- Wainwrights Bee Farm We sell 6 varieties of honey from our hives in Wiltshire, plus candles made with our own Wiltshire wax.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wookey Farm – Goats Meat and Cheeses Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses
- Worthy Food Worthy Food cheesy themed baked goods
- Wraxall Vineyard Local award winning vineyard