… more than a market! On the first Sunday of the month from April to December, the town centre of Frome is closed to traffic and is transformed into a huge celebratory market event.
More like a monthly festival, there is a buzz in the air with music, street theatre, hands on activities and tasty street food. The event is divided into different sections including a flea market, new designers, crafts and vintage. Somerset Farmers’ Markets organises the centrally located 24 pitch ‘farmers’ market’ section around the Market Cross – just look out for the green and white striped canopies. A complete farmers’ market experience but with many additional hot food options for all day grazing.
Location: around the Boyle Cross in the Market Place, BA11 1BW
Dates for 2017:
|2nd April 2017|
|7th May||4th June|
|2nd July||6th August|
|3rd September||1st October|
|5th November 2017||3rd December 2017|
Parking and transport: there is free car parking in the town centre on market days, and the 267 bus from Bath sets down and picks up in Cork St car park.
- Beech Ridge Farm Free range poultry including chicken, duck, goose and turkey plus eggs
- Bioaqua Farm Sustainably grown fish, fruit and vegetable gourmet produce and specialities using environmentally friendly bio-symbiotic farming methods.
- Brown Cow Organics An award winning farm producing multi award winning organic beef, organic yogurts and River Cottage yoghurt and panna cotta.
- Dusty Ape Coffee Hand roasted coffee excellence
- Ellises Farm Free range rare breed pork, sausage and bacon plus air dried hams, salami and chorizo
- Fussels Fine Foods Farm based single cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil and a range of rapeseed based products.
- Gould’s Cheddar Award winning, traditional, handmade cheddar cheese and butter.
- Henny & Joe’s Caffeine free chai syrup made with 100% natural ingredients; winner of ‘Taste of the West’ best hot drink 2014.
- Herby4 We are a small family business producing potted culinary herbs and apple juices.
- Hullabaloos Homemade lemonade in traditional flavours
- Marshwood Vale Cider “The Juice, the whole Juice, and nothing but the Juice”
- Nutts For… Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Sagebury Fine Foods Producers of homemade quality savouries
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- Terre Del Checco Producers of pure, organic olive oil
- The Great Cake Company A delicious range of gluten free cakes and chocolates.
- The Mead Nursery Ornamental plants grown in peat free compost.
- The Parsnipship We sell a wide range of homemade vegetarian savouries using local produce wherever possible.
- The Unusual Pork Pie & Quiche Company Handmade pies and quiches with an array of flavours and sizes.
- West Country Water Buffalo A lower fat tasty meat fed only on grass and silage. Chosen as the ‘Best Somerset Meat Producer’ in the 2010 Taste of Somerset awards.
- Wookey Farm Home grown produce straight from the farm, specialising in goats cheeses
- Wraxall Vineyard Local award winning vineyard