Burnham is a very lively and friendly market held on the last Friday of the month right in the centre of this lovely seaside town. As well as the Farmers’ Market there is a useful selection of local shops to browse.
Burnham-on-Sea offers a wide range of activities and events many of which are publicised on the local website burnham-on-sea.com. The town also boasts the smallest pier in Britain and three vintage lighthouses one of which is still in operation. The outstanding twice yearly food and drink festival has reinforced Burnham’s reputation as a place to visit for excellent local food.
Location: in the High Street, TA8 1PB
Dates for 2017:
|31st March||28th April|
|26th May||30th June|
|28th July||25th August|
|29th September||27th October|
|24th November 2017||22nd December 2017|
Times: 9am -1pm
Parking/transport: there are Pay and Display car parks very close to the market in Oxford Street and Pier Street. Free on-street parking is available throughout the town and on the seafront at certain times of day.
Staying in Burnham-on-Sea: If you are making a longer trip or a weekend of it the Burnham-on-Sea website can start you off with suggestions for places to stay.
- Berrow Beef Family farm producing beef and lamb on the Somerset Levels.
- G.M. Country Sports Game in season plus venison year round.
- In Clover We offer perennials, shrubs and bulbs alongside hand crafted willow structures.
- Mike’s Pork Free-range pork from the Somerset Levels
- Nutts For… Scotch eggs as you’ve never tasted them before!
- Orchard Farm Preserves Traditional preserves made from home grown fruit and vegetables
- Portbridge Vegetables A wide range of homegrown vegetables all year round.
- Quantock Pies & Cakes Baked goods from the foot of the Quantock Hills
- Taylors Traditional Bakers Third generation family run artisan bakery.
- The Humble Pie Co Award winning pie maker from the heart of Somerset
- Times Past Cheese Dairy A wide variety of cheddars and flavoured cheeses.